ATTN: Managers, Coaches, and Parents:
PBO follows a zero tolerance standard for all Managers, Coaches, and Parents. Our goal is to provide a competitive yet positive environment for all involved within the PBO Organization. Managing/coaching is a privilege and should be treated as such. The actions of managers, coaches, and parents (good or bad) directly reflect upon PBO and how it is viewed by others.
Below are the standards PBO requires in order to stay in good standing with our organization.
1. Show an example of good sportsmanship at all times
- Realization that the umpires have the final say on all calls - no excessive arguing with them (remember they are young men who are doing their best)
- Only the manager may question a call. Assistant coaches, parents and fans are NEVER allowed to question or argue an umpire’s call.
- Everyone should conduct yourselves in a positive manner and managers make sure your coaches and fans do the same
- If a problem arises, find a trustee on duty that is NOT involved with the game in question
- Remember this is a game for the kids, played by the kids
2. Treat all others (players, parents, umpires, fans, opponents etc.) with respect at all times.
3. Participate in the fundraising efforts of PBO. Fundraising and Sponsorship benefits the whole organization and all who participate.
4. Be prepared and organized. Have a plan ready for practice to maximize your players learning, be at games on time to warm up and have the game start on time.
5. Abide by all of the rules of the Palos Baseball Organization, Inc. at all times.
Any violation of these points will be brought to the Disciplinary Committee for review. The Disciplinary Committee will decide if actions will need to be taken. These actions may involve a reprimand, suspension, or removal from managing/coaching the team.
I understand the points stated above and will conduct myself within the rules of Palos Baseball Organization, Inc. Furthermore, I acknowledge that any violation said rules may subject me to discipline by Palos Baseball Organization, Inc.